Kyle made a batch of delicious cookies using some of our cocoa mixes last night. There aren't enough to share (well, there were, but we ate them all) so we thought we'd at least share the recipe if you wanted to make these at home.
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup intrigue hot cocoa mix
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and cocoa in a small bowl.
- Whisk together granulated sugar, eggs, and melted butter in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in melted chocolate and vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in flour mixture.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Roll tablespoons of dough into balls using your palms, then roll in confectioners' sugar to coat. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing each 1 inch apart. Bake until slightly firm in the center, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly on sheets set on wire racks. Transfer cookies to racks, and let cool completely.
- You can use ANY of the 6 hot cocoa mix flavors to do these cookies
- Experiment and have fun. I've used the cocoa mixes to make brownies, cakes, even no bake chocolate peanut butter cookies!
- Our cocoas are less sweet than other cocoa mixes so you don't need to worry about altering the sugar in your recipe. Just replace cocoa powder in your recipe with any of the flavored cocoa mixes